Asia Regional Sourcing Supplier Senior Manager
Shen Zhen, China
Plum is delivering an amazing appliance that will provide a transformational experience to luxury consumers, and upend the $300 Billion wine industry. Inspired by love of wine, Plum is the first super-automatic wine appliance that allows consumers to have a premium wine-by- the-glass experience, served at the perfect temperature just as the winemaker intended – on demand.
You will be a key player in the global sourcing organization defining sourcing strategy for wide range of categories from contract manufacturers to components including compute, electronic, mechanical, plastics, metal, finish…; You will work with our existing supplier base to establish processes to drive quality, cost and time to market initiatives; You also will manage the day-to-day supplier related activities from NPI to mass production.
- Build and manage the supply base through supplier capability assessment and supplier performance process to meet business objectives
- Coordinate DfX activities throughout NPI between the product development teams and the suppliers to achieve quality, cost and time to market goals
- Drive cost reduction strategy based on the should-be cost model
- Implement capacity analysis and lead-time agility process to setup project sourcing plan
- Lead day-to-day supplier issue resolution activities to ensure supply continuity
- Establish quality maturity index to drive for supplier quality continuous improvement
- Participate in strategy component team to develop component roadmap meeting long term product plan and market trend
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering or similar from an accredited university
- 10+ years of experience in all or some functions of engineering, sourcing, quality management preferably working within a high volume industry
- A proven track record of quickly learning new technologies and determining their applicability to current and future product designs
- Knowledge in components such as plastics, metals, finishing, motors, LCDs, solenoids….
- Demonstrated capability to apply analytical problem solving techniques.
- Self-start, result oriented, proactively take initiatives to improve supplier performance.
- Natural leader – lead regional teams and suppliers through style, personality and subject matter expertise
- An ability to balance business and technical objectives in decision making
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-cultural global business environment
- Frequent travel to supplier sites is required
- Competitive benefit package
- Flexible work schedule – we measure performance, not time spent
- Employee stock option plan
- Mentorship from global executives and global rotational program opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org