Shen Zhen, China
Plum is delivering an amazing appliance that will provide a transformational experience to luxury consumers, and upend the $300 Billion wine industry. Inspired by love of wine, Plum is the first super-automatic wine appliance that allows consumers to have a premium wine-by- the-glass experience, served at the perfect temperature just as the winemaker intended – on demand.
You will be a key player in the global hardware organization defining design and hardware requirement strategy for wide range of categories from contract manufacturers to components including compute, electronic, mechanical, electro-mechanical, plastics, metal, finishes; You will work with our existing supplier base to establish processes to drive quality, cost and time to market initiatives; You also will manage the day-to-day supplier quality related activities from NPI to mass production. You will be responsible for maintaining reliability testing and failure analysis.
- Maintain testing of units off the manufacturing line to identify failures before units ship to customers and define with data our field failure rate.
- Work with test labs to identify equipment needed for reliability testing. As well as research what equipment should be brought in-house for faster turn-around and cost-effective testing.
- Root cause failures, give a detailed technical report on failures including how the failure occurred, how to reproduce the failure, how to resolve the failure and work with the design team to implement a solution that not only incorporates a resolution but considers current inventory, cost, and implementation lead times.
- Work with the manufacturing line to root cause piece parts, sub-assemblies, in-line, and Final Quality Check failures, relay that information back to Design Engineering and make recommendations based on the root cause.
- Evaluate performance improvements on components as well as evaluate second source or cost reduced component options.
- Maintain testing of units with second source, cost reduced and performance improved components.
- Experience navigating certification agencies and understand and communicate effectively what the product needs to pass or exceed certification requirements.
- Stay up-to-date with certification agency changes and how they affect our current and future products.
- Drive ME changes and improvements onsite at our contract manufacturer or sub-assembly suppliers.
- Ideal candidate will also be able to use 3D modeling software to evaluate components or designs for feedback to Design Engineering.
- Ability to effectively lead a small team.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or similar from an accredited university
- 5+ years of experience in all or some functions of engineering, sourcing, quality management preferably working within a high-volume industry
- A proven track record of quickly learning new technologies and determining their applicability to current and future product designs
- Demonstrated capability to apply analytical problem-solving techniques.
- Self-starter, result oriented, proactively take initiatives to improve performance.
- Natural leader – lead regional teams and suppliers through style, personality and subject matter expertise
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-cultural global business environment
- Flexible work schedule – we measure performance, not time spent
- Employee stock option plan
- Mentorship from global executives and global rotational program opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org