Senior Mechanical Engineer
Dania Beach, FL
Plum is building an amazing appliance to transform the $300 Billion wine industry. The company is still in stealth mode, and has assembled an amazing engineering team combined with some of the best technology investors in the World. We are looking for people to join our team that are passionate about wine and innovation.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be well versed in SolidWorks and 3D CAD design, and an expert in high volume manufacturing, and will work closely with our electrical, industrial design, and manufacturing teams to help design a groundbreaking technology product for wine. We are looking for candidates who are creative, energetic team players who excel in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
Please include examples of your previous work.
- Able to develop innovative concepts and designs for components, assemblies, and overall device using 3D CAD (SolidWorks). The designs should support high volume manufacturing and meet all of the product requirements
- Research and evaluate components and sub-systems based on product development, engineering, and product roadmap requirements
- Partner with our engineering and product management teams to review design requirements and review component sources that can meet our volume, quality, and cost requirements and drive technical decisions that are aligned to strategic sourcing goals
- Assists in all facets of the regulatory approvals process, including participating in component and system level design reviews, test plan preparation, and issue resolution
- Continuously research and monitor the industry and report on significant activities in the areas of new technologies and new manufacturing techniques
- Support supplier performance reviews, factory audits and supplier risk assessments
- Review production designs and execute value engineering activities to achieve product cost reductions, reduce BOM risk and enable long-term manufacturability by proactively identifying and recommending additional component sources
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university, preferably a Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5-7 years minimum relevant experience, 8-10+ preferred
- Expert knowledge of SolidWorks. Working knowledge of ProE preferred
- Experience working on products that have high volume manufacturing greatly preferred
- Understanding of refrigeration, robotics ,automation, and electronic motors desired
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to rapidly build prototypes and validate ideas. Detailed knowledge of prototype production methods
- Expert knowledge of high-volume production fabrication methods
- An ability to balance business and technical objectives in decision making
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills
Other stuff that would be cool, but hey, we can live without it:
- A passion for wine
- Experience working in ProE
- 90% company-paid medical, vision & dental plans for employees and their families
- Unlimited time off – we measure performance, not time spent
- 401K Plan with company match
- Flexible work schedule
- Employee stock option plan
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Email your resume to email@example.com