Sr. Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Plum is building an appliance that will provide a transformational experience to luxury consumers, and upend the $300 Billion wine industry. Inspired by love of wine, Plum is the first super-automatic wine appliance that allows consumers to have a premium wine-by- the-glass experience, served at the perfect temperature just as the winemaker intended – on demand. The company has assembled an amazing engineering team combined with some of the best technology investors in the world. We are looking for people to join our team that are passionate about wine and innovation.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for architecting and building systems to support our appliances, API’s, web, and mobile applications. You will gather requirements, craft prototypes, evaluate options, and throw code away. Code review and testing are priorities for you. Correctness, efficiency, and speed are central to the way you work. You should want to continuously improve yourself, the team, and our product.
You should have, at minimum, a BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field. Alternatively, demonstrating extensive relevant experience is acceptable.
Plum’s software team works remotely, but is centered in the San Francisco Bay Area. Although our preference is to be geographically close to help with collaboration and camaraderie, other locations will be considered.
Please include links to any relevant open source projects or other examples of previous experience.
You should be familiar with:
- REST APIs (consuming and building)
- Data modeling and database schema design
- Unit testing and test automation
It would be awesome if you have experience with:
- Jenkins or other continuous testing / integration systems
- Computer vision
- Amazon Web Services
- Docker or other container systems
- Security, especially as applied to IoT and/or web services
- A willingness to learn and explore new languages, tools, and methods
- Embedded development
- Linux on ARM processors
- Yocto Project
- 90% company-paid medical, vision & dental plans for employees and their families
- Unlimited time off – we measure performance, not time spent
- 401K Plan with company match
- Flexible work schedule
- Employee stock option plan
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Email your resume to email@example.com